Monday, November 17, 2008

yes..

Bode was awake a lot of the day today, which was so much fun. They upped his milk by 5ml every 12 hours and tonight by 11 pm (RIGHT NOW!) they were increasing him to 24 ml per hour which was his goal! SOOOO tomorrow at 12:00 pm we have an appointment to meet with occupational therapy to see if Bode remembers how to suck and swallow. (I say an appointment, but really they just come up to his bed.) His sucking is good to go, he loves his binki! If they say he is ready then he can either try a bottle, or try breast feeding TOMORROW. Go Bode. Yay. Oh and he is no longer on any other fluid except milk. They won't take all that junk off his arm though until they know he can tolerate all the milk. He's never had it all at once before, so hopefully things go well. He was so awake he was practically bug eyed! I have never seen him so awake. The past 3 weeks all he ever did was SLEEP.

5 comments:

Katie S said...

What a great day!! Good luck on your appointment!!

Ed & Natasha said...

AWESOME! Way to go Bodester! Hope all goes well with the feeding today - Good Luck!

A and L Stapley said...

He is getting so big! I'm glad to hear that he is doing so well. What a cute little man you have!

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

I hope it all works out for tomorrow. It will be fun to have a "normal" baby and get to do all the typical things. Sorry you've had some challenges up to this point. But I'm sure everthing will be great from no on! Love hearing from you.

kristen said...

yay!!! im so happy for Bode!!