Length: 24 3/4" - 50%
Weight: 16 lbs 9 oz - 75%
Head: 43.2 cm - 75%
Yes I have a chunky boy! It doesn't seem possible I was taking him in twice a week for weight checks due to poor weight gain at 1 month. We have no problems now! I am going to start feeding him rice cereal tonight and I am so excited! I went out and bought little spoons and everything.
Bode is so much fun. We are loving all his smiles, coos, squeals, bubbles and laughs. I was having problems getting him to fall asleep for naps and also for bed. Without the swing or some kind of rocking you could forget it. When he did fall asleep he was easily woken up by every little noise. My swing ran out of batteries one morning and I panicked. I figured we could be fine without it. WRONG. He pretty much didn't nap all day long. He usually naps 4 times a day at least 45 min to an hour each time. So enough was enough. That next morning I was bound and determined to teach him to sleep on his own.
First nap he cried a bit and I gave him his binkie. After about 10 minutes of crying with me giving him his binkie every 3 or 4 minutes he was asleep! Next nap was 5 minutes. The nap after that was probably 20 or 30, which was the longest it took. Now nap time and bed time is a breeze. I put him in the crib and after a few coos and bubbles, he goes to bed. It used to take me way longer trying to get him to sleep. He doens't even like to be rocked anymore. Clint really misses it, and I guess I do too. It's so worth it though. My life is so much easier! My only problem now is he doesn't want to sleep anywhere but his crib. I can deal with that. Kelli and Erica were right. I would have done the cry it out method earlier, but I was so not ready. I can't stand it when he cries. Now he wakes up so happy and ready to play. We love Bode!
6 comments:
wow that fast
those pictures are so cute!!
they grow way too fast huh?!? i wish they could be little longer!! He is sooo freakin cute
i cant believe that he has grown so much!! teaching them to fall asleep on their own is very worth it for mommy and daddy! when i am well rested i feel like i can take on anything.... :)
Chuby is cute! I love the second picture from the bottom. He is just laying and smiling. Love it.
Ohmygosh, he's so stinkin' cute! Did you put anything on his legs to numb them before the shots? Capri balled right after the first one.. then I cried. It was such a horrible experience for us both. I don't want to be the one to take her back! lol Will you take her for me? hahaha Capri was 24 inches long at her 2 month... where is she getting this length? Certainly not from Clint or I.
Post a Comment