Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easter

We had just pulled into town for my grandma’s Easter dinner from being in Wyoming. I didn’t even take one picture! Like I said in the previous post… we missed her Easter egg hunt, but we did have a hunt the next day in our front yard. Bode was all about it for a few minutes… then he wanted to get in the boat, which was parked on the curb. It was pretty funny because he left 1/2 the eggs sitting around and Clint had to go and gather them all up.

 

IMG_7351w

He realized really quick that he could pick up more eggs if Clint was holding his basket for him.

IMG_7353w

IMG_7359wIMG_7369w

IMG_7365w

After the 2 second hunt, Bode was helping Clint clean off his fishing gear. He’s always right by your side to help out!

IMG_7302w

I have no pictures, but this little guy was pretty spoiled for Easter. My parents got him a basket, my grandma B got him one, and we got him one.  We had so much candy it was insane. I ended up throwing out most all of it, but we did eat more than our share. I made the mistake of buying a bag of dove chocolates …. for Bode’s basket, right? Um wrong. They were for me and that was a very bad mistake! There were about 10 pieces left and once I realized I basically ate the whole bag by myself I threw out those last 10. He also got a bunch of other stuff besides candy. His favorite was a dinosaur toy from my parents. He slept with that thing the first week! He also had fun with legos and some toy story toys. He’s so funny about most toys, he’s never been much of a toy child. Dinosaurs and fish toys are his favorites and the only thing so far he won’t forget about in 5 seconds.

IMG_7407wIMG_7408w

(Bode is obsessed with wearing Clint’s hats… most of the time multiple hats at once.)

We got him this T-rex, but honestly he hasn’t played with it as much as the little plastic one from my parents. Clint also got him a rapala and cut off the hooks. That has been attached to his little fingers since the second he got it. He always knows where this thing is!

image

 

I’m excited for next year’s Easter. We’ll have two little boys!! Ahh!

signature2 copy

1 comment:

Janae Arnett Scott said...

I saw him with that hook and immediately grabbed it out of his hands to "save" him from getting hurt. Then realized all the hooks were gone. haha! I just figured he got it out of Clints stash. This was outside when he was showing it to Gabe.