I got off his immunization schedule by two weeks. The Dr. was out of one shot one time.. and so we’ve been a few weeks off ever since. He had his 6 month check and everything is looking good. The Dr. was running a little late and it was next to impossible to entertain him on that little bed/chair thing in the room! He doesn’t like to be held and since that bed was so small it made me nervous to just let him crawl all over it. He would crawl right to the edge and not stop if I wasn’t there to save him every time. I got desperate and after 20 minutes of waiting I grabbed a bunch of the paper stuff that was on the bed and put it all over the floor. I just let him crawl on that. So embarrassing when the Dr. came in and I’m letting my baby crawl on the floor, but like I said.. I was getting desperate! Bode was supposed to be in preschool, but the ONE day I plan for something it gets cancelled. So he was in there not making things any easier on me. The Dr. could barely check anything on Owen because all he wanted to do was move and roll over. At one point I said, “Now you see why I let him on the floor!” He just did that fake chuckle like, “Uh huh.. you’re crazy lady.”
He’s hitting every milestone developmentally as he should (and then some.) He’s eating solid food like a champ, he’s crawling, he’s sitting (for like two seconds before he wants to be crawling again) he’s trying to pull himself up on small things, and he’s just doing great all around. I was a little worried because he is really small now! The dr. assured me that he is totally fine and not to worry about it. He said once babies are super active and have a developmental growth spurt they can slow down physically. Bode was always in the 80-90% for everything so I just feel like I am not giving him enough milk or something! I felt super good when he was 2-4 months and all fat and now I’m feeling bad that he’s 6 months and small-ish. Nursing really sucks in that way because all the guilt/pressure is on me to grow him! I had been worried about it because when I was really sick for those few months I could tell he wasn’t growing as fast. I just thought it was because me being so sick was making my milk not as nutritive? I really have no clue. I knew all along he was smaller though because I can tell clothes that he should be grown out of are still fitting him. He still wears some of his 0-3 month stuff! I kept telling Clint that I thought he was losing weight! He’s like no way look at those cheeks.. he’s fine. And I will say that his chubby cheeks are very deceiving! He seems satisfied and he loves solid food, so hopefully he’ll chunk back up in the months to come. So anyway, his stats are:
Height: 25.25 inches – 7%
Weight: 17.03 lbs. – 33%
Head: I can’t remember the measurement but it’s 80%.
We sure do love our little guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment