I really can’t believe that my baby boy is already a year old. It seems like I just had him. He’s the sweetest little thing ever and we sure do love him around here! He’s usually always happy and smiling and he learns so much each day. He loves his big brother and is always wanting to do just what he does. He goes to bed around 7 and wakes up around 7. He naps twice a day most days.. every once in a while he will only do one. I feel like he is slowly transitioning to just one though. He’s finally drinking sippies pretty good, but not as much as I’d like. We’re working on it! He nurses morning and night. Sometimes just morning. He eats just about everything in sight but nothing sticks to him. Here are his one year stats:
- Weight: 18 lbs. 10 oz. – 3%
- Height: 29.75 inches – 50%
- Head: 48.4 cm – 95%
The pediatrician was a little concerned that his weight has been slowly dropping down on the charts at every appointment. He is having me put him on a “get Owen fat” diet and we need to do another weight check in 3 weeks. I am putting heavy whipping cream in his whole milk, giving him pediasure drinks (he LOVES the strawberry one,) feeding him tons of avocados, giving him ice cream, putting butter in his food.. anything I can to fatten him up. I really hope it works! If not I guess they said they will do a blood test to make sure he doesn’t have something wrong there.
He was not feeling very well on his birthday and I felt so sad for him. He was extra clingy and kind of whiney and not his adventurous self. We played outside for a while and he didn’t even want to.
He only took one nap and afterwards I took the boys to this really cute bakery/deli to eat lunch and grab a cake for Owen. It was kind of a nightmare. It was so hot in there without any air conditioner, Bode was whining and getting away with a lot more than normal because I was trying to talk to my sister Kelli on the phone (bad idea right?) Owen was starved and crying for the food! AHHH. I took a quick picture in the bathroom (because Bode had to pee) to document it.
I was trying to make dinner around 5 and I had just about had it with Mr. Birthday boy. I couldn’t make dinner and hold him. I couldn’t put him down either because he was crying at my feet. I felt so bad but at about 5:30 I put him in his crib. I thought just for 10-20 mins until I can make dinner and get his cake and birthday stuff ready! That little pill fell asleep. For the night. At 5:45. I felt bad he missed his whole birthday celebration!
I saved his cake for him (even though it drove Bode crazy not being able to eat it when I said.. the night of Owen’s bday..) and we headed to the park the next afternoon. I let him go to town and he loved it. :)
Bode thought it was INSANE that we were going to waste the cake. So he grabbed a fork (that he brought with him!) and started chowing down. So funny!
We love you baby Owen!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment