Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Gum

This little boy would do anything for a piece of gum. We had a few packs sitting next to the sink and Bode knew it. He tried climbing up the couch, reaching over the window area and getting it. He did get it, but I took it away and told him No.
large24
After a small bawl baby fest I tried to distract him from the gum. Bode, where is your eye? your lips? go play with Gunner.. find something else to play with. large25 
Before too long he’s back up the couch trying to look at me for permission, or make sure I wasn’t watching.. not sure which one. I didn’t say anything and he desperately whispers, “pease? pease? Mom!?” I didn’t say anything and just started laughing. Apparently that was a yes for him and he snatched it up. I know I’m not getting mom of the year award anytime soon but I just let him have it. The pack still had the plastic wrapping on it. I thought that would  slow things down quite a bit.
large23  
Who was I kidding? He had that plastic wrapper off in no time, the paper wrapper off,  and was chewing a piece.
large26
He chewed on it for a good 10 minutes just wandering around doing his thing. He loves gum and he’s chewed on a piece before for 20 minutes! He gets bored of chewing it and tries to start playing with it. He stretches it out puts it in his hands, touches his toes to the gum in his hands.. all the while I’m telling him NO NO NO put it back in your mouth! He holds it out for me and says, “(h)ERE!” Just like that he’s done with it and off to make a mess somewhere else. I love this kid.

1 comment:

Abbey said...

How cute and funny! I have never given Griff a piece of gum before. Knowing him he would have it stuck all over everything! I love the way you take pictures and how you show the small little details... like his little feet hanging over the counter when he is trying to reach the gum... so creative!