Saturday, September 4, 2010

My Baby is Growing Up

I don’t think I’ve blogged about recent milestones Mr. Bode has met lately. (If I have just ignore this.. I’m too lazy to check.) Over Memorial Day we noticed Bode had a really bad rash all over his chin and around his mouth. The Dr. said to use lamisil on it because it was probably a fungus. Gross! So as soon as we got to Ron and Bonnie’s house for that weekend we started applying the cream. It sort of got better, then it would get worse and so on. It lasted FOREVER. I boiled all his binkies and tried to make sure I washed them if they had been in my purse, or chucked onto the ground. No matter how many times we applied that cream it would come back. I called the Dr. again and he prescribed me some antibiotic cream to use. That helped out a ton and I thought it was gone for good! After about a week or 2 it started coming back. Around this time Clint started putting Bode to bed without his minnies. I was shocked that he went down so easily. Nap time would come around and he would ask for his minny. The first couple days I didn’t even try and not give it to him. I figured he wanted it he could have it, he’s not even 2 yet! So Clint would continue to put him to bed without it and I would continue to give it to him for naps. This went on for maybe 3 or 4 days and Clint asked me why I was giving it to him and that he didn’t need it. The next day around naptime when he asked for it, I told him it went bye bye. He was really sad and had a really hard time going down for a nap. He may not have even went down? I really don’t know. It was pretty sad and he was grumpy that night. The next day for naps went a little better, but he still cried for one and didn’t nap well. After about a week he was sleeping a lot better for naps and stopped asking for one. He would say, “Wes Minnie? Oh it’s bye bye.” We even found a few lying around the house and he threw them away and said, “Bye minnies!” That was it really. Now he’s sleeping great again and we haven’t missed binkies at all! It’s been about 3 weeks. The rash is gone! Yay. We knew it was from the bacteria that would grow while he had his binkies in his mouth during naps and bedtime. Clint was right about taking them away.. :)
SO onto the next one. POTTY! We have had a potty chair in the house for about 2 months. The first month it hung out in the corner of the room and I would casually mention to Bode oh that’s a potty where we go pee and poo blah blah. I tried getting him to sit on it and he refused. He was horrified of the potty chair and the big potty. He would tell me every time he went potty in his diaper and started getting very interested in Gunner going potty and mommy and daddy going potty. We got him to sit on his chair but he would hop off 2 seconds later and think nothing of it. I started letting him run around naked or in underwear. The first time he had an accident he acted so shocked! Like he didn’t even know he was peeing and it was the strangest thing. The next time he peed in his underwear outside and as soon as he started he stopped and held the rest until I put him in a diaper. Now he can hold it for hours at a time. He does not want to go on the potty at all! If he can’t hold it anymore he’ll grab a diaper and give it to me and say, “Mommy diapa! Pwease!” He will hold it until I put him in a diaper 2 to 4 hours later and the second he’s in that diaper he will say, “Mommy I go pee.” Or “I poop!” So then I would tell him nicely, “Bode why don’t you go pee and poo in the potty?” He’d say, “Um.. No.” Anyways this went on forever. I didn’t get mad at him or make him sit on it or anything like that. Last night I had a hair appointment in Salt Lake and Clint nonchalantly asked Bode if he wanted to go potty and he said yes and hopped right onto it and peed. Clint said it was just a tiny bit and he started cheering and telling him what a good boy he was and all this other stuff. Well, I guess after that he sat down and tried again and went a bit more. What the heck?? I’ve been asking him forever and he always says no! He actually says, “No, Mine!” I don’t even think he knows what he is saying, but whenever he wants to be a brat that is what comes out. Every now and then he will use it in the right context, but not usually. So Clint left early this morning to go fly fishing for the day and Bode would not go on his potty for me. We’re going out of town tomorrow for a week so this might take a while.. wish us luck. Maybe I’ll just wait a few more months until he is 2! Or better yet until he is 2 and a half. He sure is a cute little stinker though.
 1 9731 976
1 9651 967
1 9961 1001
1 10081 1024
1 10391 1034
1 10291 1026
p.s he’s been wearing his rain boots every day for a week now. I’m not sure why he loves them so much! I will put other shoes on him and he will come downstairs with the shoes off and the boots on. His feet get so sweaty and if he’s wearing socks they are soaked! He’s funny..

2 comments:

-Kyle and Emily- said...

I love his skinny jeans, too cute:)

Mama Smors said...

oh my goodness, could he be any cuter? he is seriously getting so big.