Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sick.

I think this poor little guy is getting croup again. It never really seemed to go away since the first time he got it! I’ve heard it lasts forever but geez. I just want my little guy to feel better! Clint’s on the up and up, but still has a scratchy throat. I really hope I am not next! So far so good.
IMG_3542
Last week Bode had his 2 year check up. We were a little late, but I had to reschedule the appointment because he had croup at the time. BLAH! He knows full well what goes on at the Pediatrician’s office by now and he’s is NOT a fan. We walked into the office and right off the bat he notices the fish tank. He says, “Mom! I find Memo!” I checked him in all the while he is going on and on about Memo and Dowi. We get into our room and I got him down to his underwear and the nurse comes in. Let the waterworks begin! He flipped out and she was just trying to measure his head. He screamed, “Mommy hold you! No no MY head! Stop it. MOOOOVE!” I was embarrassed he was trying to boss around this nurse. Next up was him being weighed. I guess he’s old enough to stand up on the scale, which he did ok. He cried the whole time, but right after that we went back into the room and I was able to calm him down. We read books, sang songs and had a grand ole’ time for 10 minutes. The Dr. came in next. Freak out #2 was in full force. He has never acted the way he did before. The Dr. didn’t even have a chance! Bode was inconsolable. Everything was great and he was perfectly healthy.
Length: 37 inches 94%
Weight: 31 pounds 79%
Head: 49.8 cm 75%
He came down with a nasty cold 2 days after this, which is annoying but oh well. He was begging me to go see Nemo and Dori and go home. Not before the nurse came back for shots! Yeah. It didn’t go smoothly to say the least. He was yelling at the nurse, freaking out about the blood on his leg, telling me how much it hurt him, demanding the nurse take off his band aid and telling her she was not nice, etc. He is usually a lot better with shots, I’m not sure why it was so traumatic for him this time. He complained about the pain for the next hour after that! He kept saying his leggy hurt. On the way out the door he stopped at the fish tank and said, “Bye Memo and Dowi. Oh and Marnin! Bye Marnin.” Me and all the other receptionists got a good laugh. I just love my little pill so much! It’s a good thing he’s so darn cute most of the time to make up for when he’s not. We have a whole year until another well check, so here’s to hoping it goes better next time around.
27370995090_ORIG
I texted this picture to Clint while we were waiting to be seen.

2 comments:

Abbey said...

Sorry he has been so sick! It is no fun going to the doctor... I dread it! Griffin is a nightmare there! I am always so humiliated when we leave. I don't know what I was thinking because the last time we went I scheduled both of my kids to be seen at the same time and they BOTH had to get shots! Griffin had to go first and I didn't even have time to console him before they moved on to Ayla (who had just witnessed what they had done to Griff and had made a mad dash to the exit door). Griffin recovered quickly but Ayla screamed "I HAVE HOLES IN MY LEGS" the entire way to the car!

Krista said...

wow, mine and yours are exactly the same height and weight from their last check ups!