Clint’s brother, Andy, and his wife Jodi invited us up for a fun Saturday at their family ranch. It was such a beautiful day in such a beautiful place! We always have a good time up there with them.
They had this rope swing that they just put up. Drew was a champ and kept going for rides. He even got brave and dragged his feet a few times. He was so proud of him self! It was so cute. Jodi was up next. It looked fun, but I had to pass when they offered me a turn! I ‘m so huge I felt like I could break the dang thing. They promised I wouldn’t, but I kept to the sidelines. :)
Clint scooped up Bode and Darci and they both thought that was so cool! I love how they are both giggling at each other below. These cousins are only 7 days apart!
Darci and Bode throwing rocks into the little stream. Well, mostly only Bode throwing rocks. He had just chucked that HUGE rock you see to the right of him and it was so heavy he lost his balance right after I snapped this picture. To catch himself, he took a step forward into the water and his sandal got stuck in the mud and he fell into the water a bit. He was so sad! I have to say it was pretty funny. We got him cleaned up in no time.
He was pretty sad to be wet, but he forgot about it before long.
Jodi’s brother, Justin, was headed over to the river to try and catch a fish. Bode is going through this weird separation thing and definitely isn’t comfortable around people he doesn’t know. Everyone was joking around that all it took was a fishing pole and all the sudden Justin totally won over Bode’s trust! As he was walking with his pole in hand, Bode just followed him right down to the water! I was dying! Justin got a new fishin’ bud whether he wanted one or not.
Below is Bode and Darci hanging out watching Clint and Justin get ready to fish.
They took Bode with them fishing and Clint said he kind of whined at first. He didn’t get a long enough nap and he kept saying, “I want my mommy.” Clint didn’t bring Bode’s pole this trip, so I was a little worried he wouldn’t have as much fun. I guess Justin caught a fish before too long and Bode was happy as can be after that! He kept talking about that fish in a bucket all day and the next day. Below are the boy’s checking out that fish.
Bode had just woken up from a nap and wanted to head down to check out the horses. Right about that same time Clint and Andy were coming back from their ride up the mountain. Jodi kept asking Bode if he wanted a 4 wheeler ride and he kept saying no! I don’t think he quite understood what was going on.
He hopped right on and had fun with Clint.
Darci and Clint just enjoying nature! Bode and Drew were playing so cute across the pond.
Cute Brooklyn and Drew!
Bode was obsessed with finding rocks and throwing them into the pond! They had just drained the pond a month or so before this and cleaned it all out so I felt bad that Bode was just filling it back up with rocks! There is just no stopping that kid.
This is from when we first got to the ranch. We had to go find where everyone was and Bode was so happy to be there he was just running around like crazy! Clint had to corral him and hold his hand because he kept wanting to see and touch everything.
This cute little horse was 2 weeks old and his mom was not doing well. We showed up right after the vet did. They had to put this little girl’s momma down. I thought it was the saddest thing ever, but it kind of seemed like a normal thing around there. They could have done an expensive surgery and even then the vet wasn’t sure it would help her out. I understand why it happened, but I thought it was still super sad. Below is me trying to get Bode to pet her and cousin Darci checking things out as well. I shared all these pictures with Jodi and I was glad she put under this one that I was 36 weeks AND 5 days! hahaha. Every day matters to the one who is prego, especially towards the end.
Bode thought it was so neat he could get close to these geese. He was running and chasing them all around!
Thanks so much to the Romney Family for letting us spend the day at the ranch with you! We had good food, good company, and got to enjoy the day at a beautiful place. We had so much fun!
1 comment:
Love your post much more than mine. We definitely need to do this more often. Maybe if you feel up to it after the baby, we can make a trip during September. Thanks for all the great pictures.
Post a Comment