Ok so I am a little late on this. Owen will be a year old in 20 days! I can’t even believe it. He is the sweetest, cutest, smallest, smartest most adorable baby. We all love him so much! Not my most favorite way to blog.. but here goes some bullet points!
- He’s always happy!
- Super Tough. He will scrape his knee or fall down or anything and not shed a tear or barely even flinch. My neighbor asked me if he has that disease where babies can’t feel when they get hurt. He literally brushes it off and acts like nothing happened.
- He’s STILL wearing size 2 diapers. They fit him just fine. I actually bought 3s and they are huge.
- He waves when people leave and come into the room. He even says, “Hi.” Whenever Clint comes home from work I will say HI DAD! And the other day Owen said, “Hi Da.”
- He points at things and it’s adorable. He picked that one up from Bode.
- He can clap. If I tell him to clap he does it or if he does something good (like catches himself instead of falling or something) he will clap for himself.
- He can say mama, dada, and baba referring to all of us in the house.
- He blows on stuff if it’s hot and says “HA!” It’s pretty cute. I taught him that making dinner one night and I kept telling him it was hot and pointing to the stove and saying hot. He pointed and blew and said, “HA!” I called Clint and let him know that our baby is practically a genius. :)
- He understands “No” and knows when he’s doing something he shouldn’t be. For example.. he will walk over to the TV and get ready to turn it off and look back at me like.. um…. I’m about to do this. I will tell him no and he will slyly turn back around and do it anyway. We are working on that!
- He can back his way off of anything. The couch, the bed, the stairs, the porch, the sidewalk curb, etc. It’s so funny to watch him turn around, scoot back, and make his way off of something. If it’s the couch or bed he will grab onto the sheets or couch cushions so tight and slowly make his way down.
- He can manage his way out of the cart at the grocery store, he can climb out of his high chair - One morning I was upstairs going to the bathroom and Bode yells at me, “MOM!!! Owen is on the kitchen table!” This came as a shock especially since I left him in his highchair eating blueberries. Now we strap that boy in! He can easily gets out of the bumbo, tries to get out of his stander and has almost been successful. He can seriously wiggle his way out of just about anything.
- Loves to ruin nicely folded piles of clothes. I’m talking about grabbing stuff left and right and making a huge mess. He loves standing by his dresser drawers and taking clothes out by the handfuls.
- Loves getting a hold of wipes and taking all of them out.
- Crawls like a champ. He’s super fast.
- He took his first 5 or 6 steps last week, but hasn’t walked since. He didn’t realize he was all on his own when he did it and when he does know he automatically drops to his bum. He’s kind of a chicken like that, but he definitely has the balance and will be just fine when he gets the courage. He stands on his own a lot more lately.
- He got his first tooth a few weeks ago and it was not easy for that sucker to break through. He was extra clingy, had a runny nose, and was extra sensitive for about a week and I didn’t know what was going on. I kept checking his mouth expecting that it was from teething. One morning I thought to myself a tooth has GOT to be coming through or Owen is getting sick. I checked and although it was swollen and like a white bump, there was not a tooth. Later that night Clint was feeding him dinner and said, “Oh hey babe Owen has a tooth.” I was like, “AHH! No way! That just came in like TODAY.” Good times. He got the second bottom tooth a few days after that.
- He loves to swim holy cow. Whenever we go swimming I have to try my hardest not to let him drown. If it was up to him, he’d have drowned a long time ago. He has no fears. He wants to swim and be left alone and he doesn’t care if he goes under water. At 7 peaks he will play in the wave pool where it gradually gets deeper and just keeps crawling deeper and deeper. Once the water hits his face he keeps going and closes his mouth or blows bubbles. I have let him keep going one time to see what he would do and he just started floating and kept on kicking while keeping his mouth closed. This kid!! It’s crazy how much he loves the water.
- He wears anywhere from size 3 month clothes to about 6-9 months depending on the brand. He’s pretty little though.
- His hair is getting longer and oh so cute. He’s got the mullet going on.
- He loves Bode and has the best time with him. Bode can get him giggling so hard and it’s so cute. He especially loves it when Bode runs towards him, makes waves in the tub, and roars like a dinosaur (Owen roars too.) If Bode is crying Owen will fake cry right along with him. They go to bed the same time a lot of nights and Clint and I can hear on the monitor them giggling away. It is adorable.
- He is still a huge momma’s boy and nursing about 3 times a day or more.
- He has finally been sleeping through the night for about a month or more now! It’s so nice. It’s usually 7pm-7am except for the mornings he wakes up at 6am and thinks he’s up for the day. He’s so happy to be alive and ready to start a new day and I die a little inside every time.
- He naps twice a day. Once around 9-10 and again around 1-2. They last anywhere from one hour to two.
- He recognizes sounds like doors opening and phones ringing and the microwave beeping and knows what they all mean. As soon as Clint opens the door and comes in from work Owen books it to meet him at the door.
- His favorite foods right now are avocado, strawberries, blueberries and bananas.
- He likes to have his space to explore and get into trouble, but still LOVES cuddling. I love that.
- When he is in his highchair he leans over as far as his strap will let him (ya know.. because we have to buckle him in now) and he will throw food onto the floor while watching it land.
- Sings and dances. Funniest thing ever.
I’m sure there are more things, but I’m going to call it good for now. I’m so glad this baby is mine. I love him to pieces.
No comments:
Post a Comment