Last Sunday we blessed baby Owen. I wanted to get some pictures before church, because I knew it’d be kind of crazy after. I’m so glad I did because Owen blew out all over the back of this little outfit at church!! It’s the same outfit Clint was blessed in and Cozette said that Clint did the same exact thing!
I can’t pick faves so here are a gazillion photos.
Owen is so cute and so chubby!!! I love him so much.
Bode cracks me up. Literally as he was sitting in that chair before I was able to take any pictures he spit all over his sweater.
Brothers… ahhhh. I love this picture above. Well, I love all of them!
My handsome boys. :)
The blessing was so good. Clint did a really nice job! Owen was an angel during the entire thing. Clint and I had been joking around about getting up to bear our testimonies in front of everyone. I felt like I just had to go up and say how thankful I was, even though I HATE getting up in front of the entire church. Clint just said, “Yeah right! Do you even have to ask?” I never thought Clint would go up, but he did. He said the sweetest things about me and the boys I will never forget. I was bawling. I could barely compose myself to get up after that.. but somehow I managed. Tears and all.
All of our family came over after church for a luncheon. My sis Erica helped me make chili the night before and I made cornbread. Sunday morning I put the chili into the crockpots and we were good to go. Everyone else brought a bunch of stuff! Owen has 2 sets of great grandparents from my family and they were both there. We also had my parents, Clint’s parents, my siblings plus Erica’s fam (except for the Thurgood's, boo!) and Clint’s brother Andy and his family came too. Oh and my Aunt Karen. It was fun to try and squeeze everyone into our small place!
Owen’s great grandpa K with Darci. Clint and his mom Cozette.
Great Gram K and Great Gramps B
Ron and Owen in his blessing outfit #2. Bode accidentally ate my hair and Owen was a mess.
I actually bought this blessing outfit above before Cozette found Clint’s old one. Owen hated it and was sweating to death in the little suit. It was so sad. I wanted one picture before we took it off and that was all we got! haha. Poor baby. It was so hard to peal off his sweaty body and he was bawling. Clint said, “Go get the scissors! Cut it off of him.” AHH. I managed to get it off and he was much happier after that.
He was so tired by the end of afternoon. Poor thing. I was sick and had a splitting headache so I was tired too! Owen and I napped after everyone left. So did Clint and Bode. :)
Thanks to all for a great day!
2 comments:
Sounds like you had a great day! I'm so sorry we didn't make it. We had plans to be there because I was in Provo all weekend for volleyball, but Saturday afternoon I got really sick and ended up going home on the bus. We were going to come Sunday morning, but I was still sick :( I really wanted to come and meet baby Owen and see you guys......we will have to make it down again soon tho! Love you guys!
Lori, I love your blog. I am so grateful for you and proud of you. You are such a great mother and wife. The boys are wonderful. You have done such a good job with all these pictures. Love you, Mom
Post a Comment