Monday, December 19, 2011

Family Christmas Party

Clint’s mom let us come to the club house of her apartment to have a yummy family dinner. Clint and all of his siblings except for Reuben in Florida were there with their families. It was a pretty cool place and the kids loved it! Bode was in heaven playing with all the pool balls and hanging out with his cousins. Most of the time I didn’t even know where he was! He would just wander around and see what everyone else was up to. It took a little while for everyone to get the food ready to eat, so the kids had fun playing while they waited and the adults chit chatted it up. It was nice to see everyone and catch up. The food was delicious and I ate way too much!

Web39

After we all ate we did the white elephant gift exchange. It’s pretty funny what people grab from their houses and wrap up. Clint forgot to tell me about it all together so he had to rummage around in the car to find our gifts. Funny thing is that the plastic bag wrapped gifts from our car were the very last ones to get picked. He picked out a half full bag of sunflower seeds, a car charger with a short in it, and a pocket knife. Clint got a plastic tub full of cow feed from Kindra, which Andy and Jodi made Brooklyn take from him. Poor Brooklyn didn’t know what was going on and they actually have animals that could use the food! I got a DVD called The Period of Purple Crying … which I already have two copies of. Bode didn’t understand the game and all he wanted was the pool balls. No matter how much I tried to explain what was going on he just complained he didn’t want anything but the balls in his hand. I took some beanie babies from Jaysen for Bode. The next few sets of pictures are everyone opening up their gifts.

Web42

Web41

Web40

I guess Clint’s grandpa Lyle used to do a coin toss game with all the kids and so Cozette carried on the tradition. It was hilarious!! I sat back and took pictures while everyone went nuts over these coins. I have to say that the reactions from the adults was a lot funnier than the kids. Andy, Rachel, and Ali don’t mess around! Clint and Kindra got into it towards the end. I think Bode ended up with quite a bit as well.

Web43

We attempted a sibling picture and it was pretty funny. You have Andy, Rachel and Clint in the back and Ali, Cozette and Kindra in front. I got one serious picture and then the back row started dumping the front row out of their seats. After that someone told Andy he should kiss Clint.. It was all pretty much over after that!

Web44

I tried to set my camera timer for ONE decent picture of everyone. I am actually shocked that everyone is looking at the camera! I totally forgot to bring Owen over. Little dude slept through the entire party. He was there!

IMG_5577

We tried for a grandkids picture with Cozette, but you see that it didn’t go so well! Brooklyn and Bode were NOT having fun. I think this is pretty funny though.

IMG_5565

I stole this picture from Jodi’s blog just to prove cute little Owen was a part of the party too. He woke up at the last 15 minutes and then slept the whole way home.

058

Cute Darci is just like a little mother. She’s always wanting to hold “Owa.”

 

Thanks Romneys for a fun party. It’s always good when we all get together. :)

siggy

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Love it! You are so good a collaging your pictures and putting everyone in them. And yes, you should definitely learn how to use my camera for me, haha!