My brother in law Aaron jumps out of planes with his unit in the army. He was in town for drill and had a jump that was open for people to come and watch. Clint wasn’t feeling very well, so he stayed home with Owen who was napping. Bode and I headed to go see – and we almost missed Aaron jumping. I wasn’t sure which one he was because there were a few planes and a few rounds per plane. Aaron had been texting me from the SLC airport, but I could tell once his texts stopped that they were in the air and I had about 20 minutes to drive down to Cedar Fort. I barely made it! I pulled to the side of the road and snapped the first group we saw on our way to the drop site and it just so happens that was his jump. He is one of these guys below. He was thinking one of the two on the left of the picture.
I seriously can’t believe that he does this! I guess the conditions aren’t always the greatest, and there are all these variables that could mean a disaster. I’m pretty sure I’d have a panic attack or something. I could tell that Aaron was felling pretty good after his jump was done. Man, I’d be relieved too! He said it was one of his best, softest landings so far. Way to go, Aaron. I was having fun taking pictures of random people that I don’t know. :)
I realize you can’t see half the plane in the picture below but I thought it was pretty cool. The sun was blaring down so hard and it was really hard to focus on the plane and jumpers in front of it.
Bode was such a dirty mess! He loved every minute of it though.
It’s such a good thing that we have great men and woman in our country who are willing to put their lives on the line to serve us in so many different ways… whether it be reserves or active duty or whatever else. I’m proud that I have one of those men in my family.
2 comments:
Nice pics, Lou! I'm glad you and Bode were able to go! I'm bummed we don't get to see him jump that often, even though those first few seconds always make me really anxious! Haha. Love ya!
Very cool! My grandfather was a jumper and I have such love and admiration for those men and their families. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment