Friday, July 20, 2012

Backyard Fun

Our neighborhood is either really fun or really no fun at all. If parent’s are actually outside watching their kids then things go pretty smoothly. (Depending on the parent and how they actually parent their kids.) It’s when parents are nowhere to be found that bratty neighborhood kids turn feral. This day was a pretty fun day. Besides two kids who fell into the feral child category. We told them to go and tell their mom they couldn’t swim in the kiddy pool unless she was outside watching them. They went home, got their suits on, their mom bid them farewell at the door (which she shut and LOCKED behind her) and they came back over. At that time no one had the guts to make a big deal about it and we just let them play. Well – then one kid punched Bode in the face. I marched that kid straight home and told the mom he had just hit my kid and I didn’t know what to do since she was never outside to see any of this go down. She screamed at him and made him stay inside for like 10 minutes and told me that if was ever mean again to come let her know. I’m sorry but that kind of thing just makes me furious. I’m not about to just babysit the whole neighborhood and let her know if her kid is being mean. Besides, he is always being mean. I hated the confrontation. It was especially awkward because it was the first time I’d ever talked to her since they moved in. I wish they’d move away! Better yet… I want move away. Anyway, Bode had fun. :)

IMG_2197-copy

IMG_2213-copy

IMG_2215-copy

IMG_2218-copy

IMG_2220-copy

No comments: