Here is a random post about the last of our trip. Man, we are still talking about how fun it was. Clint wants to move there. For real.
We got a sitter for one of the nights so we could hang out with Clint’s friends. I got Owen to fall asleep for the night before we left, and I wasn’t worried about Bode. She was the daughter of someone Clint used to know and she was real shy. It took him a minute to warm up to her, but he was golden after that. I took a picture with the timer before we left and it’s not too bad. The sunset was so pretty. I couldn’t believe it! Sheridan is pretty anyway, but wow. We went to dinner by ourselves before meeting up with anyone and it was so nice. We opted for outdoor seating and it was a beautiful night. We talked and laughed and joked about how long it would be before the sitter was calling because Owen was up. (He woke up at least 2-3 times in the night there.. it got worse at the end of the trip.)
After a few hours of enjoying ourselves, we met up with the wedding party people. It was a fun time talking and for Clint catching up some more. We were leaving the restaurant around 11:30pm to head to a bar when we got the phone call we knew was coming. Owen was up and totally sad and inconsolable. Hello – he just wants me when he wakes up. We headed back to a pretty sad little buster. I got him to sleep and Clint paid the sitter and took her home. We pay our sitters $10 an hour and so we gave the girl $40. Clint said that she looked at it.. counted it.. and just kind of stood there. He asked her if that was ok and she said she’d never gotten paid more than $10 to babysit.. ever. I think we made her night! I hit the sack and Clint headed back out to spend more time with his friends.
We ate at this place called Sanford’s a few times and it was SO good. Holy Smokes. They had memorabilia all over the place and so we played eye spy and Bode thought that was so fun.
We ate out a bunch while there.. and one place was the Perkins Clint used to work at. That was fun! No pictures of that. This place with the fish was a pizza joint. It was SO yummy and Bode was in love with the two huge fish tanks on either side of the entrance into the place. He asked me if he could feed the fish and so I asked the waitress and sure enough.. it was time. She let him do the honors. Talk about one happy kid.
The night of the wedding I got all gussied up. I spent time to actually do my makeup really well and do my hair. Normally I spend like 20 minutes getting ready.. if that. And with a kid or two in the bathroom. Clint kept the boys busy while I got ready.. for like over an hour. I took my time and it was so nice! I took a picture of my hair because I’m stupid like that.
The wedding was absolutely gorgeous. I cried when the bride walked down the isle and she was crying, and again during the ceremony. We had a delicious dinner and it was so fun having Clint introduce me to tons of people. I even got hit on at the bar as I was getting Bode a sprite. That was funny. The boys had a ball and Bode made a few friends. One was an older girl (probably 12) and she kept him entertained ALL night long. He threw rocks into a stream, played soccer with other kids, kept going up to the balconies, and DANCED. He was so cute. Owen played and played and then took a nap in his car seat and played some more. It was 10pm before I was finally like.. OK we are those crazy people who keep their kids out way too long. I swear Bode could have lasted all night, but Owen was ready for bed. Clint took us home and headed back out for another hour. What a night! It was such a blast.
Bode was one tired dude come Sunday! We didn’t have much time to recuperate from the wedding night before we were up and on our way back home. The boys did amazing. We stopped quite a few times to let them burn off some energy so it took tons of extra time. It was a long 10 hours in the car! We were all so happy to be home.
And that’s it for the week long vacation to Sheridan! Phew!
No comments:
Post a Comment